Sunday, August 12, 2018

chai makes everything the best.

My Morning Cup of Tea: 

The first thing I do in the morning is put on the kettle and make myself some masalewali chai. I am not much of a coffee drinker mostly because I get too hyper although I love the taste of it and I will treat myself to a frothy latte once in awhile. The tea gives me just enough caffeine to get my day going and its especially tasty on a rainy day. :) My morning tea is really the only ritual I follow. With each sip, my spirit and soul are calmed. It might be the only moment of the day when I’m not multi-tasking.



There is nothing more comforting than hands wrapped around a cup of 'chai'.

Summer or winterspring or autumn, the one thing that remains constant in my daily routine, is waking up to a cup of tea. It is my way to kick-start the day, as it is for millions of Indians in the country and around the world. And as much as I love my green tea at work, it really is good ol' chai,  Come monsoon, and chai becomes something of a necessity. Chai and pakodas while watching the raindrops fall pitter patter, could anything be more poetic?

Ingredients:


1.5  cup of Water  


1 cup of Milk 


1.5 tsp of Black tea


1 tsp of Ginger (grated) 


5-6 Tulsi leaves 


Method:


1. In a pan, boil the water and milk together. Add the freshly grated ginger.


2. When it starts boiling (and not before that), add the tea leaves.


3. Boil on low heat for around 2 minutes. Add tulsi and stir.


4. Continue boiling on low heat till the colour starts changing and the consistency becomes a little less watery (another 2-3 minutes).
1COMMENTS
5. Strain and serve hot.





No comments:

Post a Comment